Individual Employment Agreements
- drafting and amending individual employment agreements;
- drafting the necessary documentation related to the termination of individual employment agreements;
- legal advice and assistance on concluding settlement agreements for both regular employees and top management;
- legal advice and assistance in negotiation of the “termination package” for employees having management positions.
General Employment Related Matters
- drafting special clauses in individual employment agreements, including but not limited to: non-competition clause, confidentiality clause, mobility clause, etc. ;
- legal advice on prohibitions to terminate employment agreement;
- delivering practical solutions to day-to-day employment issues re: wages and bonus payment, overtime, etc.
- drafting and amending / reviewing of the Internal Regulations and the internal procedures applicable at the employer’s level
Collective Bargaining Agreements
- drafting Collective Bargaining Agreements;
- assisting clients in negotiation and execution of Collective Bargaining Agreements, as well as in the settlement of several disputes arising therefore;
- advising clients on dealing with the Trade Unions or with the employees’ representatives for collective negotiations, strikes, maternity and parental leave issues, working hours and discrimination.
Individual and Collective Lay-Offs
- advising on drafting termination of employment legal documents and on performing legal stages of lay-off procedures;
- assisting management in negotiations with unions on lay-off conditions;
- performing legal analysis regarding lay-off procedure.
Business Restructuring Programs
- design, drafting and implementation of restructuring / transfer programs;
- legal advice to clients on restructuring transaction further to mergers and acquisitions procedures, reorganisation of business;
- assisting the management in the enforcement of the restructuring programs with a view to maintaining compliance with the company’s collective bargaining agreement;
- drafting the Secondment Agreement of the seconded employees in case of externalization of specific services;
- legal advice and assistance with regard to the rights of the taken-over staff in case of transfer of business and drafting the Transfer of Business Agreements.
- drafting due diligence reports with a focus on employment law issues
Expatriates’ Labor Regime
- assistance on expatriates employment regulations and requirements, including staying / working permits and visas necessary to foreign individuals for working in Romania;
- completion of formalities necessary for expatriates to work in Romania.
Mediation of labor disputes
- assisting parties in order to mediate the disputes.
Social Security Law
- counseling employers on social charges / pension arrangements / social security entitlements during maternity and temporary work incapacity;
- regulatory and compliance services
- assisting and representing clients’ interests in pre-litigation negotiation and litigation in connection with complaints under the collective bargaining agreements and individual employment agreements
Contact our special team